The W(h)ine Hour..

Every household has one…the whine hour. It’s those bewitching hours between approximately 5 and 8pm in the evening when the kids go crazy and moms across the world lose their minds completely. It doesn’t matter if you have babies, toddlers, kids, tweens, or teens; those hours of dinner/homework/bath time/ bedtime can just about do a momma in. What is a girl to do? It’s simple and brilliant actually, just slip in a little wine of your own! Now, I’m not suggesting anyone down a bottle of whiskey everyday between the hours of 5 and 8, in fact if you do that you will have a few whine hours of your own the next morning. Basically, a little wine during the whine hours will keep you out of the padded cell at the local cookoo house where people will walk by and peek in your little window and say things like “aww, poor mom has lost her marbles” and “hmmm, now that’s a crazy one right there, sits in there all day and hits herself over the head with a Barbie and a hotwheel”. Don’t smirk, it can happen.

So, enjoy the tales of my whine hour, and how I survive each and everyone of one of them with a sense of humor and a good bottle of wine! After all, the whine hour comes around every single day, a girl has to be prepared!

Cheers!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday, March 23rd...Age smage

Yesterday was my birthday! My big kid told someone at school that I was 26 yesterday and the kid said, "nu uh that would mean she was like 14 when you were born." Now, I'm no mathematician and can certainly throw no stones in that area (or any other area actually), but I'm pretty sure if I were indeed 26 yesterday and my big kid is 14...there is no way to get 14 out of that equation.  I got a good little chuckle out that.  ;)  I'm most definitely NOT 26, I'm really 28.  Now don't you all start laughing and doing that math cuz there is no need for an exact equation here.  No need at all.  And truly, I don't say I am 28 because I don't like the real number, I am perfectly content with who I am, where I am and how old I am.  I like the age of 28 because my "real age" is something ridiculous like 17 and if you average that and my actual age you get about 28!  How's that for some math! Impressive, I know. ;)  I think age is not really about a number, it's about how you feel and I definitely don't feel like a 41 year old mother of three.  I don't act like it either. ;)  I wonder when my real age will catch up with my actual age?  Oh, I don't know, probably on the 3rd...of NEVER!  So there you have it, I'm a 41 28 year old who might just be a tad delusional!  I'll take that any day over feeling and acting all of my years. ;)

The actual birthing day turned out to be a little bit crazy.  It started with a new cast for the big kid.  It's waterproof, so no more needing help to shower.  I'm not sure who is more relieved about that, him or me?  It's probably a tie. ;)  We also finished up high school enrollment with a counselor meeting and attended an honors ceremony.  Banner day for the big kid!  With the help of some dear friends, grandparents, a sister, a niece and an extra car we got the little to baseball practice on the other side of town, and the middle to pitcher/catcher practice.  Then got everyone picked up, homework done, a couple of grumpy showers and bed. Some where in the middle of all that I slipped in a girlie lunch and a much needed pedicure!  By the time I got in bed I felt almost 29. ;)  A good night's sleep fixed that right up!

The wine for the day is Layer Cake shiraz.  This is one I've used before and I will probably use it again because it is yummy and it has cake on the front!  I mean really, who doesn't love a big piece of layer cake and a good glass of wine!  The best thing about birthday cake is that you get to have a piece on everyone's birthday, not just your own.  It really is quite possible to have a celebratory piece of birthday cake everyday, because after all, it's always someone's birthday! ;)  In the most historical and hysterical words of Marie Antoinette, "Let them eat cake!"

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: