It's been another day of everyone home. All. Day. Long. Together. That pretty much sums it up right there. At one point today the boys were outside playing, racing around on their toys, sledding, throwing snowballs, just having a grand time.....our poor neighbors. As I pondered that thought, a myriad of reasons why you might not want to buy the house next door to us flooded my mind. Here are the top 10...
10. We have a razor and we aren't afraid to drive it waaay too fast up and down the street
9. We will do drive by's on our dirt bikes with snowballs if the situation calls for it.
8. On the 4th of July, the grown ups will get rowdy and we will be setting off fireworks, whether that's legal or not. Someone may end up sitting in a lawn chair in the pool. Just sayin....
7. You might hear an 8 yr old scream out jerk ass in the middle of the street. (btw, not many 8 yr olds can say they have coined a phrase.)
6. 4 boys will play "street" basketball on the driveway...people will go down, elbows will be thrown and cuss words will be screamed out in frustration. (then hot mouth will be administered;)
5. We often have enough sports paraphernalia & 2 wheel vehicles in the yard to rival Sanford & Sons
4. Rocks and slingshots are fun
3. On any given day they might decide they like golf & then decide a driver is more fun than a wedge
2. We have a frequent buyer card with our local window replacer
And the number 1 reason why you might not want to live near us.....
1. There is always a chance that you might drive by and see any one of four boys peeing in the yard.
I really could have saved a lot of time here with this.....4 BOYS LIVE HERE! And, one slightly crazed mom! ;)
The wine for the day is Mad Housewife Chardonnay. I'm not sure, but I interpret "mad" to be crazy, like, next stop on the crazy train is the looney bin kind of mad. Not angry mad. I may be on my way to the mental ward in a pink straight jacket, but I'll have a smile on my face the whole way! :))
The W(h)ine Hour..
Every household has one…the whine hour. It’s those bewitching hours between approximately 5 and 8pm in the evening when the kids go crazy and moms across the world lose their minds completely. It doesn’t matter if you have babies, toddlers, kids, tweens, or teens; those hours of dinner/homework/bath time/ bedtime can just about do a momma in. What is a girl to do? It’s simple and brilliant actually, just slip in a little wine of your own! Now, I’m not suggesting anyone down a bottle of whiskey everyday between the hours of 5 and 8, in fact if you do that you will have a few whine hours of your own the next morning. Basically, a little wine during the whine hours will keep you out of the padded cell at the local cookoo house where people will walk by and peek in your little window and say things like “aww, poor mom has lost her marbles” and “hmmm, now that’s a crazy one right there, sits in there all day and hits herself over the head with a Barbie and a hotwheel”. Don’t smirk, it can happen.
So, enjoy the tales of my whine hour, and how I survive each and everyone of one of them with a sense of humor and a good bottle of wine! After all, the whine hour comes around every single day, a girl has to be prepared!