The W(h)ine Hour..

Every household has one…the whine hour. It’s those bewitching hours between approximately 5 and 8pm in the evening when the kids go crazy and moms across the world lose their minds completely. It doesn’t matter if you have babies, toddlers, kids, tweens, or teens; those hours of dinner/homework/bath time/ bedtime can just about do a momma in. What is a girl to do? It’s simple and brilliant actually, just slip in a little wine of your own! Now, I’m not suggesting anyone down a bottle of whiskey everyday between the hours of 5 and 8, in fact if you do that you will have a few whine hours of your own the next morning. Basically, a little wine during the whine hours will keep you out of the padded cell at the local cookoo house where people will walk by and peek in your little window and say things like “aww, poor mom has lost her marbles” and “hmmm, now that’s a crazy one right there, sits in there all day and hits herself over the head with a Barbie and a hotwheel”. Don’t smirk, it can happen.

So, enjoy the tales of my whine hour, and how I survive each and everyone of one of them with a sense of humor and a good bottle of wine! After all, the whine hour comes around every single day, a girl has to be prepared!

Cheers!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday, March 12th....Today I am the best

Today I am back in the running for mother of the year.  Why, you ask would a mom who is prone to forgetfulness, has been known to stomp her feet and scream at the top of her lungs in frustration, and often throws away important documents such as homework be up for this most prestigious award?  I'm actually asking myself that question as well, since I'm pretty sure just 2 days ago I was the worst mom in the universe.  I've always wanted to be Miss Universe, just not Miss Worst Mom in the Universe. ;)  Whatever, if it has a sash and a crown, I'll take it. ;)

Today, the little one burst thru the front door after school with great news of no trouble at school.  This is especially newsworthy since that hasn't been the report given for the last 2 months.  I asked him what he did differently today to make this such a great day.  He replied, "I took your advice and decided to fly under her radar.  Which isn't that easy because she has some pretty low radar."  This is true, her radar is so low that I am quite sure I couldn't get under it if I were to be in her class.   We talked for a few minutes about ways to be yourself without upsetting the balance of power in the classroom.  I then produced the treat of treats...a popsicle!  This wonderful surprise was met with the biggest grin his face would hold and a most profound statement said with certainty and gusto, "Today you are the best mom I've ever had!"  Oh, well, ummm thanks, I think?  Wait just a second here, aren't I the only mom you've ever had?  Did I miss something?  Was there an older model here before me?  Well, at least I'm the newest model, on this day I am someone's favorite, and when I fall out favor again I still have that sash and crown handy. ;)

Tonight's wine hour, dinner hour, homework hour, bath hour and bedtime hour will be spent at the local baseball park.  Better known as my home away from home.  As much as I would love to take the little juice box wine's I was recently given as a most unexpected and exciting gift, that doesn't seem quite right.  Instead I will load up a Sonic route 44 water with extra ice and a lime.  Just for fun I think I'll get the middle kid a route 44 Dr Pepper and see how that works out for him in his late game. ;)  I'm laughing just thinking about him all hyped up on DP playing catcher! :))  Baseball and a show...this baseball night suddenly just got a lot more interesting!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: