The W(h)ine Hour..

Every household has one…the whine hour. It’s those bewitching hours between approximately 5 and 8pm in the evening when the kids go crazy and moms across the world lose their minds completely. It doesn’t matter if you have babies, toddlers, kids, tweens, or teens; those hours of dinner/homework/bath time/ bedtime can just about do a momma in. What is a girl to do? It’s simple and brilliant actually, just slip in a little wine of your own! Now, I’m not suggesting anyone down a bottle of whiskey everyday between the hours of 5 and 8, in fact if you do that you will have a few whine hours of your own the next morning. Basically, a little wine during the whine hours will keep you out of the padded cell at the local cookoo house where people will walk by and peek in your little window and say things like “aww, poor mom has lost her marbles” and “hmmm, now that’s a crazy one right there, sits in there all day and hits herself over the head with a Barbie and a hotwheel”. Don’t smirk, it can happen.

So, enjoy the tales of my whine hour, and how I survive each and everyone of one of them with a sense of humor and a good bottle of wine! After all, the whine hour comes around every single day, a girl has to be prepared!

Cheers!

Friday, September 23, 2011

Brotherly Love :))

Morning rush hour went a little more smoothly this morning.  Everyone was up and ready and out the door on time! First stop, high school for the big kid.  He hops out and is walking into the high school with several other kids (who, btw, look like grown ups ;) and the middle rolls down his window and pops his head out the window.  In the loudest sing song voice he could muster up at 0' dark thirty in the morning he yells, "BYE BYE BIG KID, I LOOOOVVEEEE YOU!"  Every manchild walking into the school stops to see who that was directed towards.  The big kid gave an eye roll worthy of any 13 yr old girl, and ducked inside real fast.  The middle pops his head back in the car and howling with laughter says, "There's nothing thats not funny about that...nothing." :))  I knew retribution would be swift and complete; I did not realize it would start within seconds of us pulling away.  The middle kid's cell phone almost immediately starts buzzing and buzzing and buzzing.  It buzzes about 75 times, all one letter texts from the big kid.  The dreaded spam has begun.  All I can do is chuckle and thank the baby Jesus for brotherly love....and unlimited text messaging. ;)

The wine for today is Middle Sister Rebel Red...yummy!  I bet my mom could have written something similar about sisterly love between myself and the middle sister when we were younger.  It wouldn't have included cell phones and text messages, that was "back in the day" of cassette tapes, leg warmers and big bangs.  Retribution took a little more time and effort than just pushing a few buttons; sometimes it would take hiding under my bed until I turned my light off and grabbing the ankles as I hopped into bed.  To this day I still jump into my bed from 3 feet out to avoid that happening. ;)  Cheers to all the siblings out there and this unique and wonderful kind of love!

Happy Friday!

No comments: