The W(h)ine Hour..

Every household has one…the whine hour. It’s those bewitching hours between approximately 5 and 8pm in the evening when the kids go crazy and moms across the world lose their minds completely. It doesn’t matter if you have babies, toddlers, kids, tweens, or teens; those hours of dinner/homework/bath time/ bedtime can just about do a momma in. What is a girl to do? It’s simple and brilliant actually, just slip in a little wine of your own! Now, I’m not suggesting anyone down a bottle of whiskey everyday between the hours of 5 and 8, in fact if you do that you will have a few whine hours of your own the next morning. Basically, a little wine during the whine hours will keep you out of the padded cell at the local cookoo house where people will walk by and peek in your little window and say things like “aww, poor mom has lost her marbles” and “hmmm, now that’s a crazy one right there, sits in there all day and hits herself over the head with a Barbie and a hotwheel”. Don’t smirk, it can happen.

So, enjoy the tales of my whine hour, and how I survive each and everyone of one of them with a sense of humor and a good bottle of wine! After all, the whine hour comes around every single day, a girl has to be prepared!

Cheers!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

This. Is. Awesome.

The last few days have been filled with a whole lot of boy stuff.  Baseball games, tennis matches, hurt elbows, physical therapy, orthodontist, first girlfriends, lost athletic cups (that were found in my desk drawer...ewww) and dirty uniforms. Life. It is what it is, and it's full on crazy, or maybe that's just me. ;)

Yesterday the big kid played in a tennis tournament.  I've sat thru what feels like about a million of them in the past 6 months, but this one had a couple of interesting plot twists.  One, it was 76 degrees and sunny outside instead of 110...nice!  Secondly, the big kid moved up to the 16's because he will turn 15 later this month, that opens up a whole new level of competition which is going to be great for him.  Learning to loose gracefully is a wonderful life lesson. ;)  Just kidding, he actually played really great with a fabulous attitude and I am very proud of him. :)  Lastly, his first serious girlfriend came to watch him play.  I've known these days were coming, that one day my boys would like another girl more than me.  What I didn't know is how great it would be!  She spent the entire day hanging out with us watching the big kid play, over to the little one's baseball game and then back for the last of the tennis matches.  I got to spend my day sitting by a girl and talking about girl things; like last weeks episode of Glee and nail polish.  This is much better than my usual band of spectators who like to spend the day climbing all over me begging for money for the concession stand, or pleading with me to pleeeeeaaassseee come play catch with me!  We shared candy and talked about school and tennis and all sorts of things!  This. Is. Awesome.  I have had a glimpse of the future and it is going to include GIRLS!  It's like a light shining at the end of a dark stinky shoed, dirty athletic cup, nasty gross sock infested kind of tunnel.  The hubby, being the dad that he is, approached this milestone a little differently.  Upon first meeting her he says, "Hi new girl friend, I'm Bud but you can call me, Mr. last name."  Thank goodness we have boys because if we had a daughter she would never get a second date. ;)

The wine for today is Black Box chardonnay.  This has been a weekend of sports, sports and more sports.  If it hadn't been for the one girlie bright spot I would have drowned in a sea of testosterone, and I think that calls for a tap in the kitchen.  The black box is actually really good wine and that little tap on the front comes in quite handy for the quick refill. ;)

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

boomerang jane said...

Haha, so happy for your girly moment and realization that you may gain 3 daughters one day as well as enjoying your sons. The only problem arises when you get attached to said girls and they break up. It's painful & torturous...not so much for the boys, but for you. I got really attached to my sons first girlfriend & was devastated when they broke up. I even had to 'unfriend' her on Facebook as a show of solidarity to my son. But oh :-(