The W(h)ine Hour..

Every household has one…the whine hour. It’s those bewitching hours between approximately 5 and 8pm in the evening when the kids go crazy and moms across the world lose their minds completely. It doesn’t matter if you have babies, toddlers, kids, tweens, or teens; those hours of dinner/homework/bath time/ bedtime can just about do a momma in. What is a girl to do? It’s simple and brilliant actually, just slip in a little wine of your own! Now, I’m not suggesting anyone down a bottle of whiskey everyday between the hours of 5 and 8, in fact if you do that you will have a few whine hours of your own the next morning. Basically, a little wine during the whine hours will keep you out of the padded cell at the local cookoo house where people will walk by and peek in your little window and say things like “aww, poor mom has lost her marbles” and “hmmm, now that’s a crazy one right there, sits in there all day and hits herself over the head with a Barbie and a hotwheel”. Don’t smirk, it can happen.

So, enjoy the tales of my whine hour, and how I survive each and everyone of one of them with a sense of humor and a good bottle of wine! After all, the whine hour comes around every single day, a girl has to be prepared!

Cheers!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Where's....what?

Have you ever seen the game Where's Waldo?  Waldo is a goofy looking sort of guy with a red and white stripe shirt and a goofy grin who hides in photos.  Waldo turns up in all sorts of crazy places; it's really very funny.  Turns out we have our own Where's Waldo here.  I'm trying to come up with a name for this new game we have at our house, I've thought of Where's Wanker?, See Supporter?, View Vessel?.  I haven't been able to settle on one just yet, but I'm sure the perfect one will come to me.


Yes, that is the back seat of my car. ;)

What's for dinner?  Chicken and one of the yummiest salads ever!  The chicken I am baking in the oven with some Newman's Own balsamic vinaigrette dressing on it.  I am also making some banana muffins.  These I make from a box mix, which I highly recommend because they are home made without being difficult. Pillsbury has several different bread mixes and they are all yummy, look for them on the baking aisle. (No, Pillsbury did not pay me to say that. ;)  The salad is a recipe I got from a friend many years ago and I have made it a million times and passed it on to many many others.

Apple Poppyseed Salad
1 head of lettuce (I use romaine, but you can you use green leaf, spinach or red leaf too.  I wouldn't recommend iceberg as it has very little nutritional value)
1 or 2 green apples chopped
1 little bag of slivered or sliced almonds toasted
Mozzarella cheese
Brianna's Poppyseed dressing (This is the best poppyseed dressing I have found on the shelf)

Mix the lettuce, apples and toasted almonds, then throw however much cheese you like in there and toss it all together with the dressing!  YUM!

Review:
Zero left of anything.  Holla! Woot! Woot!

The wine for today is Le Faux Frog chardonnay.  It was given to me by my mom, the frog lady.  The woman knows her faux frogs and she picked a great one with this wine! 

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: